Level 2 Award in Personal Licence
Who is this qualification for?
This qualification is aimed at individuals working in, or preparing to work in any industry that involves the retail sale of alcohol. Anyone wishing to sell or authorise the sale of alcohol by retail on licensed premises must hold a personal licence.
The total qualification time for this course is 10 hours, eight hours of this is recommended as guided learning hours.
On this course learners will study the following:
- The nature, purpose and period of validity of a personal licence
- The application process and legal duties when applying for a personal licence
- The legal duties of a personal licence holder
- The roles, responsibilities and functions of licensing authorities
- The nature and strength of alcohol
- The effect of alcohol on the body
- The law in relation to premises licences.
This qualification is assessed by a multiple-choice examination.
After successfully completing this qualification, learners can progress onto:
Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work.