Level 2 Award in Health and Safety for the Workplace
Who is this qualification for?
This qualification is designed to provide learners with the knowledge of basic health and safety practices essential in the workplace.
The total qualification time for this course is 10 hours, six hours of this is recommended as guided learning.
On this course learners will study the following:
- The responsibilities of employers and employees
- The benefits of good health and safety
- The steps to completing a risk assessment
- Common causes of accidents, near misses, ill-health and how to reduce these
- The importance of recording accidents, near misses and ill-health
- Typical hazards and controls in a workplace.
A full qualification specification is available for approved centres in the download area.
This qualification is assessed by a multiple-choice examination.
After successfully completing this qualification, learners can progress onto further qualifications, such as:
HABC Level 2 Award in Risk Assessment
HABC Level 3 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace